What is love?



The word love is so loaded and corrupted that I hardly like to use it.Everybody talks of love --every magazine and newspaper and every missionary talks everlastingly of love. I love my country , I love my king , I love some book ,I love that mountain,I love pleasure,I love my wife , I love God . Is love an idea? if it is, it can be cultivated, nourished,cherished,pushed around,twisted in any way you like.When you say you love God what does it mean? It means that you love a projection of your own imagination,a projection of yourself clothed in certain forms of respectability according to what you think is noble and holy', so to say,'I love God ,'is absolute nonsense.When you worship God you are worshipping yourself-and that is not love.

Love is not the product of thought which is the past.Thought cannot possibly cultivate love.Love is not hedged about and caught in jealousy,for jealousy is of the past.Love is always active present.It is not 'I will love' or 'I have loved'. If you know love you will not follow anybody.Love does not obey.When you love there is neither respect nor disrespect.

No comments:

2leep.com